Pay full retail at Apple store on Friday for iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tachion, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Tachion macrumors member

I'm all prepared to camp out front of my local Apple store starting at about 4-5am on Friday to snag a 64gb space gray 6. I'll be paying full retail since I'm not due for an upgrade for over a year.

I had a question, though, which I'm glad I thought of beforehand... Will Apple be selling the iPhone 6 at full retail on launch day? Would be pretty awful to wait in that line then end up not being allowed to buy it, heh.

Sorry if this has been asked already. I searched the forums but couldn't find any info.

2. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

apple love money ,,, dont care what are u chinese or korean ,,,, if you pay full price maybe they let u serve first than people who pre ordering ,,,,,,,,,;)

3. cnev3 macrumors 6502

How come you have to camp out though? Didn't you have the option to preorder and buy it online?

----------

Do you understand how a comma works?

4. DMP87 macrumors member

I am using the Barclays offer instore on friday to purchase the phone for tmobile. I am assuming its unlocked since tmobile doesnt do contracts. You could go that route.

5. Tachion thread starter macrumors member

I didn't decide on getting the 6 until after the preorders were sold out, essentially.

6. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

Paying full price usually saves you money in the long run, and it frees you from being tied down to a contract. That freedom to me is more than worth the seemingly large lump sum payment.

The way I look at it is, these are full-fledged computers. Viewed from that angle, $199 is a inordinately low price to pay for them. $1000 is kind of high, I agree, but somewhere in the $600s to me seems reasonable. Lo and behold, that's what unlocked high-end Android phones cost. The remainder of the cost of the iPhone I consider the Apple tax. And then at least I take comfort in knowing that 1) everyone gets ripped off the same with an Apple product since the price never changes 2) I get the Apple tax credited back when I sell an iPhone since used prices are always higher than an Android product 3) then I ruin it all by buying another Apple product

If you've ever been a student in debt to a bank, you'll know that paying the loans off and the feeling of not being tied down anymore is nearly priceless!

7. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

same way ....

if you pay full , you dont have to make monthly payment , no worries bill

if you pay month by month ,,, balance is a same as full ,,,