pay & go iphone activation/number question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billyjoegibsonx, Nov 30, 2008.

1. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

hi

yesterday i bought my iphone 3g. the guy brought out a "favourite place" sim card. which means i get 500 mins a month for £10. 1000 mins for £15. he asked if i was already with o2. i was. so he changed my number over to the new "favourite place" sim card. the thing is my old sim card had this tariff that you pay £10 a month and get 300 texts a month, and so on. so my question is, this sim card the guy gave me yesterday. Will i get both the 500 mins & the 300 txts a month for £10 ? or will i stop getting my 300 txts ? :(

another question.

when i go to "phone" then "contacts" , from the home screen. up the top it says "my number: 07*** ******" which i've never seen before, so im guessin its the number that was on the "favourite place" sim card. the thing is, i can now call/txt, but the person im calling/txting is seeing a different number. which is the number i've been using for the last....year or two. so why doesn't it say my original number in the phone>contacts screen ? will it keep the favourite place sim card number or should it change to my original number?

thank you so much

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Not sure on your other question

Sounds like the new number you are seeing is the one assigned to the new sim card, if you transferred your old number to the new sim then this will be showing a wrong number as you mention

This number has no purpose on the phone other than say what your number is, many new iphones dont have any number stored at all
    the only way to change this is to find an old phone that allows you to modify the number, I had to use my sony ericcson to modify mine

if that makes sense