Pay & Go iPhone help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Meatball, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Meatball macrumors regular

I have an 18 month contract with o2 that is currently 9 months in and I'm looking at getting one of the new iPhones this year on pay&go (if one is released.) and using my current contract sim with it. Would the iPhone accept my current pay monthly sim card or do they only work with the pay&go sims supplied?

I know when the iPhone 3G was launched there was a couple of months delay between the pay monthly and pay & go iPhones, do you think that will be the case again?

2. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

Even if they offer Pay & Go on release date, what advantage would this have for you? You'd have to buy out of your contract (whatever O2 charges), plus the non-subsidized iPhone.

You'd pay close to a thousand US dollars to be right where you are now...with an iPhone that costs X per month. Whats the advantage?

3. Meatball thread starter macrumors regular

Why would I need to buy out of my contract? I'd carry on the rest of my contract with the iPhone purchased via Pay&Go (Not using the sim supplied, using my contract sim.) I'd only have to pay for the iPhone cost and that's it. Unless the iPhone wont work/activate with my contract sim. That's what I'm asking, maybe I didn't make myself clear.