Pay - how do you update card expiration date?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by xraydoc, Nov 8, 2014.

1. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I just received an updated card with a new expiration date. Account number is the same. Does anyone see how to change the expiration date in the Passbook settings or do I need to completely delete and re-add the card?

2. Zerozal macrumors 6502

It is supposed to be updated automatically. You shouldn't have to do anything.

Source:
    Apple Pay will work with banks to update expired credit cards, source says
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/1...s-to-update-expired-credit-cards-source-says/
    "9to5Mac has received training materials “from a reliable source” that were given out by Apple to acquaint its employees with the ins and outs of the company's forthcoming Apple Pay service. These training materials have some interesting new details about the service, specifically mentioning that expired credit cards will be updated automatically in Apple Pay by the card issuer."

3. xraydoc thread starter macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I missed it too, and just tried to add the new card, since the old one expires in a couple of weeks. It gave me the message that the card was already on the list.

5. KTK1990 macrumors 6502

Another option would be delete the card. Reboot the phone and then add the new one.