Carrier Pay off previous installment to unlock

PTVMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I ordered the new iPhone 11 Pro Max last week on ATT installment using my upgrade with them. I upgraded from the iPhone 10s Max which had approximately $645 remaining balance. My intent was to pay the remaining balance so that I could have the 10s Max unlocked to give to brother on Verizon. However, the second I pre-ordered the new phone the installment agreement immediately switched to the iPhone 11 Pro Max agreement. How can I now pay off old phone agreement and get it unlocked?

enrincon89

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2014
I ordered the new iPhone 11 Pro Max last week on ATT installment using my upgrade with them. I upgraded from the iPhone 10s Max which had approximately $645 remaining balance. My intent was to pay the remaining balance so that I could have the 10s Max unlocked to give to brother on Verizon. However, the second I pre-ordered the new phone the installment agreement immediately switched to the iPhone 11 Pro Max agreement. How can I now pay off old phone agreement and get it unlocked?
You need to call AT&T and tell them you're planning on keeping the Xs Max.

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2012
No, I still have it and using until Friday when I get my 11 Pro Max.
Yes, but you may have selected to trade in the phone, so they will send you a box to send your old phone in. That is what it sounds like to me which explains why it is not available to be paid off.

PTVMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I just got the phone unlocked by AT&T. I can pay it off as soon as it hits my bill for not returning. Thanks everyone.