PAYG 3G Dongle

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JavaWizKid, Mar 27, 2009.

1. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

Which is the cheapest overall 3g dongle for the UK? I've found a t-mobile one for £30 and pay £2 a day, good value for not much use. I don't want a contract because I'll only use it on holidays etc.

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

it's PAYG ;)

anyway, 3 have some good offers normally on PAYG

3. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Good luck. Where I live and in most of the surrounding towns there is no 3G coverage. Be sure to check coverage for everywhere you'll use it before you buy!

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I wouldn't use T-Mobile, price isn't everything, coverage is way way way more important. You can check coverage maps online, every network has different areas that are covered, as a rule of thumb, Orange and 3 tend to have the best 3G coverage, but Vodafone isn't bad as well. Sometimes, including where i live, i find i dont have a mobile phone signal at all, or even 3G on my mobile phone, but my 3G dongle gets a full 7.2MBPS connection!!! Its pretty random, but nevermind :)

6. htavenner macrumors newbie

PAYG Dongle

When I looked on the Vodafone web site the PAYG dongle did not seem to support Mac.
    Is that a mistake on the web site info?
    Thanks

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

3 generally have good offers but they're a bloody nightmare. I don't know anyone who's been happy with them, then again we were all on phone contracts.

I'd personally still avoid them simply because their customer service is a joke. Badly trained Indian call centres who at times seem to purposely missunderstand and at one point ended up shouting down the phone at me. (about something which was their mistake, and was costing me £30 a month. A mistake they never rectified)

8. DSG macrumors regular

I have a Vodafone dongle on contract and it works fine on my iMac.

9. GlynJones macrumors 6502

The PAYG dongle does not work at the moment. I looked into this and there is something on the forums about why it does not work but I cannot remember what it was off the top of my head.

I went with the 3G PAYG offer instead.