PAYG Phone and AT&T Account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleGeek, Jun 10, 2010.

1. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Since last month, I've been using a PAYG Nokia 2600 phone, after returning my iPhone 3G to AT&T. I bought some minutes when I purchased it, but ever since then, have not had to buy any minutes.

At first, I thought I was just given some "freebies" for being an existing AT&T customer. (I used my AT&T SIM, just like the box suggested.) But, a few days later, I realized nothing was being charged. So, I began to get suspicious, and I noticed my 5,000 rollover minutes were being consumed by my data usage and texting charges. Yet, even until two weeks ago, nothing was added onto my AT&T bill.

Tonight, I logged onto my AT&T account, and my bill is over $500. I go to change my features back to the Data and Messaging Unlimited package, and it tells me I can't do that with the phone I have, but I can reverse it if I talk to AT&T's Customer Service. (One of the options to select from before finalizing the feature is to backtrack the payments to the last bill to reverse and overusage. I need to do this, but I can't!)

Why is my PAYG charging my AT&T account?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Not sure why you're asking on MR forum when you should be asking AT&T. Perhaps read the fine print in the future?

3. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Well, I just called AT&T, and they removed the majority of the fees and replaced it with Unlimited Messaging.

But yeah, I should have payed attention more. :)

4. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

This question is on MacRumors forum because...............?

5. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Great question, actually. I must have been in such a hurry I figured the MR community could help. But, I figured out my own question. No reason for this thread anymore.