Paying developers to create app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by felixen, Jul 31, 2011.

1. felixen, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011

felixen macrumors 6502a

Hey,

I have a few ideas for some apps I would like realized, but I don't have any programing skills, and I don't really have time at the moment to learn it.

I have been hearing about communities online that have developers you pay for developing your own idea I to an app (outsourcing). Does anyone here on macrumors have any experience about this - what is a good place to find these developers?

Also, I assume there will be some legal bonds that make sure the developer won't steal my idea and release the app himself..?

Thanks a bunch

2. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

I had this same idea granted I am in the process of learning how to program but can't yet. It was a fairly simple app so I posted an add of craigslist and got lots of offers. Many were overpriced but one stood out to me so we went with it. Turned out the guy was very trustworthy and helpful and actually the app should be out on the app store any day now. We had to sign a contract and all but that was easy going and the whole process was easy.

3. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome. How much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking? I guess craigslist would work just fine even though I had a website/forum dedicated to this stuff in mind.

Anyone else with experience in this area?

4. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

After the developers license it was no more than $550. I found a really cheap programmer and it turned out really good looking. Perfect price for 3 seniors in high school:D

5. CT1stMaxedOut09 macrumors member

Thats not a bad price at all consiering if it takes off all of the potential $ that you can make....