Paying for Macbook in Monthly Payments

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ItTakesII, Feb 16, 2008.

1. ItTakesII macrumors member

ItTakesII

Is it possible to buy a Macbook and pay it over the course of some months? Like paying whatever you can every month until you've paid it off? If so, would you recommend this?

I heard that soon, during the summer, their will be a special in which you get a $200 rebate for an iPod when you buy a Macbook. I doubt I will have the money before the summer as that is when I plan on making the most money. Recently I went and checked the price of the iTouch and it's only $299! This means that if they allow the rebate to be used on the iTouch that I could have a Macbook and an iTouch for only $100 more!

I was thinking that I would buy the Macbook when this rebate comes out (if it does and I can use it on the iTouch) and then pay for it later.

Thanks in advance!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You could probably get a loan from a bank or similar financial institution, but will generally have to pay back interest which will undoubtedly negate the rebate.

3. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

4. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

great idea! who doesn't like credit card debt?!:p

5. ItTakesII thread starter macrumors member

ItTakesII

Then I am guessing this is a no. I'm 15. Don't have a bank account, and my Dad wouldn't let me use his for that ... oh well it was a nice idea. Guess I won't be getting an iTouch then :(

6. instant hit macrumors member

instant hit

why not ask a family member for a 0% interest "loan?" ;) whatever money you have is your down, and the rest is financed through the "loan."

otherwise, ask your parents to co-sign a credit card with you; if you default (heaven forbid) the co-signee picks up the slack.

i neither condone nor endorse any method you so choose; just helping you assess your options.

7. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Save for it. It is a good habit and by the time you can afford it there may be something better out. Best wishes.

8. ItTakesII thread starter macrumors member

ItTakesII

That would be great, but I don't have any family members that would do that unfortunatly :-\ No rich relatives and those who have $800 to loan me, wouldn't do it so ...

Thanks for trying to help though!

emptyCup: Yeah that's what I am going to do. I mean I am going to save for it regardless ... I hope there is something better by September, which is when I plan on having the money to purchase the Macbook :)