Paying for the iPhone 4 on the Apple website.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sk8mash, Sep 1, 2010.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I believe im correct in thinking that apple only take money off your card when the iPhone ships, which is in 3 weeks according to the UK Apple store so my question is can I make an order using one card, then switch my card details in a week or so, before i'm charged for the iPhone?

This is because the card I want to pay on was cancelled because of suspicion that it had become compromised and I'm not gonna get a replacement for what could be 5 days, and I need the iPhone ASAP!

2. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

If you're using a canceled card to buy the phone, the card won't get approved when you go through the checkout process. When you enter in your payment info, the store validates it with the CC company. True, they don't actually withdraw funds until the product has shipped, but they will place a "hold" on your account at the time of purchase. The hold means they don't get the money, but if you're using a debit card, those funds won't be available to you either.

The short answer to your question is that the system won't let you do what you're asking because the card that Apple will validate is already canceled.

3. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

No, i'm saying I can buy using another card which has the funds fine, but I don't want the actual funds to come from that card, so is the card it validates when I order the card the funds come from? Or could I log in to my apple account when I receive my replacement card and swap the card details from the other account? Sorry, it's hard to explain but thanks for the help!

4. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

I think I get what you're saying. Are you saying you want to place the order with a legitimate card, but then have them actually withdraw funds from your replacement card once you've received that card?

Your best bet to get this answered would be to call Apple Customer Service. I don't believe there is any way to change your payment information via the Apple website once your order has been placed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

5. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Thats exactly what I was asking. Thanks. I'm not very good at writing clear posts haha. I'll give them a call tomorrow.