iPhone 7(+) Paying off IUP or handing iPhone 7 back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hardy1989, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Hardy1989 Suspended

Picking up an X tomorrow, are people just handing back their current IUP handset or paying it off and selling? I have a 7 256gb and not sure what to do.

2. omizzle macrumors regular

How much do you still owe on it (how many payments have you made)? What's your payment? That will be important in making a decision.

3. TrainFromUkraine macrumors member

TrainFromUkraine

Looked over recently sold listings on Swappa and it looks like a median price for a 128GB at&t version is around $520 If you owe significantly less then $500 then I'd pay it off and sell it, but do it quickly.

4. stulaw11 Suspended

Just remember Swappa fees are $20, paypal fees are 2.9% plus $.30, so figure $16 roughly, and $10 to ship plus adequate insurance. You're down $46 off the rip.

I agree, the average ATT 128gb plus is down a LOT in the past few days and Swappa is flooded driving prices down.

I too am seeing the average about $525 right now in the sold prices (anyone can list for any amount, they aren't selling at $600+).

So unless you owe significantly less than $460-475 it's not worth it; which would be odd after only 12-13 payments on $850.

5. omizzle macrumors regular

As a seller on Swappa, is there anything to protect you against a buyer who claims they received an empty box? I'm assuming PayPal would just refund the money to the buyer- then they'd have their money and my phone...

6. Hardy1989 thread starter Suspended

I got the 7 the day it was released in the uk which was 22nd September I think. Unsure what I owe I’ll check at Apple tomorrow, I’m guessing I’ve made 13 payments

7. omizzle macrumors regular

Got it. What I would do is see what it is worth (i.e. what you could sell it for) vs. how much you'd have to pay to buy it. If you can sell it for more than you'd have to pay to buy it, I'd do that. Otherwise, just trade it in (which would be the simplest option).

8. stulaw11 Suspended

None, paypal calls the shots as they handle the money, just like ebay. Swappa has a better class of buyers overall, but the risk is still there no matter what anyone says. Google swappa scams by buyers, theyre all over the net.