Paying security deposit at Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by murdercitydevil, Jun 23, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Can someone give me a for sure answer about this? I want to know, if I'm a new customer who requires a security deposit to open a new account with AT&T, will I be able to pay that amount at the APPLE store if I camp out tonight? I just called one Apple store and the guy said that yes, you absolutely can, that they have an AT&T person there to help you, etc. But I want to make sure, and all the other Apple stores in my area are unreachable (busy signal). Anyone know this? I really don't want to wait overnight to get turned away.

2. headcheese macrumors regular

They don't have an AT&T employee there, that's stupid.

Yes, they can take your security deposit at the Apple store if you are required to pay one when getting new service. They did for me when I got my 3g ($200 deposit). That very afternoon when I was setting up my AT&T online account it was already noted that I had paid a security deposit.

FYI- pay your bill on time for the next year and you'll get it back. If you don't they'll keep it!!

3. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

This may be the best news ever....after the at&t store debacle and them not having phones til the 29th for walk-ins, I may now be able to camp out at the Apple store instead. thanks for the reply.