Paying service fees for iPhone that I never Received

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supercool, May 4, 2009.

1. supercool macrumors newbie

Hello:

I ordered an iPhone 3G 8GB early last month via online (ie logged to my account, added a service and picked up Refurbished 8GB for 99$).

The Fedex never delivered to me and when I called them, Fedex stated that it was a "delivery exception" and they 'probably' lost it. They gave me a "issue number" and advised me to call AT&T and seek an replacement.

I called AT&T April 7th and the representative said, they will escalate the issue to "Lost & Found" and I should recieve a call or replacement phone in 3-10 days. It is been about a month now and no call or phone yet.

When ever I call, AT & T says the escalation is still looking to it and I will be responded once they have a resolution. It is highly frusturating as I cannot cancel the order (till the escaltion is over - per them) and I am paying for the service (10$ for additional line) and 30$ for the data plan since April 10th.

Anyone else in same boat? How to make my voice heard? Anyone has AT&T iPhone lost& found escalation phone?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Supercool

2. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

I think the first thing you should do is threaten to cancel your contract and switch to Verizon or something (hint: don't actually switch :D). Then tell them you refuse to pay for service until you recieve your phone and insist on credit for the month/s with no phone.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I think that once the escalation is resolved, you'll have no problem requesting a credit for the time you were charged for the plan but did not have an iPhone to use with it. I recently purchased a USB modem from AT&T and it died within the first 10 seconds and I had to exchange it. Of course, AT&T charged me for the time it took to return it and receive a new one, but I explained what happened to customer service and they gave me a credit for the time I was without the modem.