Paying to wait in line...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Olleh, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Olleh macrumors member

Have you heard of this? Happened alot on eBay UK recently.

People have been queing for iPhones, then selling their spot in line for £50-£100.

If someone wants me to wait in line for three hours for a couple of hundred, i'd be more then happy to ;).

Rediculous if you ask me?

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

3. Olleh thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, excess of three hour waits at my local Apple store.

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

The iPhone will always be in constant demand... ****... I never thought it would be such a hit.. I see at least 10 people a day using iPhones every day without even looking.. on the tube.. at work.. down the street.. in Marks & Spencers... They are everywhere....

5. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Except in the damned shops!

Honestly I now can't be bothered traipsing round twice/thrice a day to the local CPWs and O2 stores to ask - I'm always "2 minutes late" for the 16Gb I'd want to buy. And they rarely answer the phone within a reasonable time - it is actually quicker to walk.

Coupled with the various reported problems, lack of some features and the piss-poor BT stack implementation my WM6 Tytn II on Vodafone is looking increasingly more like a keeper.

I dunno, sometimes it just seems that I can't give my money away:)

6. Olleh thread starter macrumors member

Haha, i'm sure if you got there early enough you'd get one? (ie. 30 minutes before opening?).

7. alFR macrumors 68020

Depends if they get their deliveries first thing or not, or if they come later in the day as many have reported on here.

8. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Possibly, but work comes first with me. Old Calvinistic trait from school. Plus I refuse to queue for more than about 10 minutes for what is, after all, just a mobile phone - last time I queued for anything was also at school:D

9. Olleh thread starter macrumors member

Pay someone else to queue? Or is that unethical too :p

10. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Nah, that's capitalism at work and as any good Calvinist knows capitalism is good for the soul:D

11. spetykowski macrumors member

is waiting in line for 3 hours really worth so much that you have to pay someone else to do it for you... not to mention that after you pay the person to wait in line there is still a $199+ iphone to pay for?

I waited in line for 3.5 hours on the second day, after a failed attempt on launch day, and i had a great time. there are many people in line that share the same intrest, as them to are waiting for an iphone... i felt that the time went be very quickly, and i saved money not having to pay someone else to do it for me.

12. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I was watching MTV and the angle of the camera was showing people in the audience and someone was taking pictures with their iPhone.

I would love to be paid to stand in line though.