Payment Method Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dundonik, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Dundonik macrumors regular

Hi this is my first preordering through Apple.com and I need to use a different payment method than the one that I previously entered. In the FAQ thread it states that when Apple tries to charge you you get a grace period of about 24 hours or so to change your payment method. Can anybody confirm this? I'm also wondering if theres a way for me to change my payment method before this, I would also appreciate if somebody could share how to do so. Thanks for any help!

2. LowesChevy48 macrumors member

LowesChevy48

I thought you could do this going to apple.com in the store and edit payment

3. Dundonik thread starter macrumors regular

will that edit my payment method for all orders I place after the fact or also the ones pending?

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You would have to call to change your payment method.

I preordered on Friday the 10th and attempted to change my payment method on Monday the 13th and the rep I spoke with was unable to do so because she said the payment had already been processed.

It may be too late to change payment method now.

5. playaproved macrumors 6502

Try calling customer care.

6. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I just called and updated my card number for both my Apple Watch orders. I purchased on opening night and the rep was able to do it for me.

7. Dundonik thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the answers guys, I just got off the phone with Apple and was able to change my card :)

8. LowesChevy48 macrumors member

LowesChevy48

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

That's great! I think my lady was a little new. She put me on hold multiple times and was stuttering constantly. It wasn't a big deal to me if she could change it or not, so I didn't pursue it any further.