payment options

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bbsniper, May 14, 2012.

1. bbsniper macrumors newbie

I plan to buy the next imac at launch but I am still deciding how to pay, would it be better to pay on apple finance or get a credit card to pay for it?

Being a student I want to avoid paying up front as much as possible but would like to be able to pay off early if possible. Can anyone give some advice on the pros/cons...

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You have to research each card and the interest rate tied to each.

3. SteelWheel macrumors member

If you qualify, you can get 12 month interest-free financing from BarclayCard on any purchase you make from Apple's online store. Early pre-payment is not a problem. Just make sure that you pay off the balance by the end of that twelfth month, otherwise you get whacked for the ridiculous 22.5% interest rate on the entire original purchase price, retroactive to the purchase date.

As long as you're sure you'll be able to pay off the whole thing in a year, I think it's a great deal.

4. ObsidianIce macrumors 6502

ObsidianIce

definitely research credit cards. Especially if you get one that has 12-18 months no interest in order to get your business. I would also recommend getting one that offers "insurance" on your purchases. several companies have this and it's pretty comprehensive as well. If you break it, you just call your CC company, and they take the product and get you a new one. They offer this usually for 2-5 years which is pretty cool. Research is key!

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Could you explain this a little more? How is it more desirable to avoid paying for your machine sooner than not?

6. Mrs.candy macrumors newbie

7. CatsTide macrumors 6502

hmm...maybe I can help. Not everyone has loads of cash,especially students...