Payment plan preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greeley, Oct 5, 2016.

1. greeley macrumors regular

greeley

anybody know how the apple upgrade programs works with preorders?

My 7Plus won't deliver till November, but just to order it they charge you the first month in Advance. So does the monthly cycle start the day you order even tho you don't have the phone yet?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

You shouldn't be charged until the phone ships. Citizens One can't charge the loan as there is no serial number/IMEI number tied to the loan yet as your device probably hasn't been built yet. You have a loan ID number, but thats about it.

3. greeley thread starter macrumors regular

greeley

In that case my monthly due date will probably be the ship date, sounds good.

$131.40 for my 128gb due to my states lovely sales tax rate xD.

Hoping the apple care is worth the few dollars more per month

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I found it extremely useful with my 6s last year. Express replacements are a lot easier than going to a Genius Bar, additionally, AC+ includes a free battery replacement assuming the battery issue isn't a defect.

5. greeley thread starter macrumors regular

greeley

I've had a 6+, 6, and 6s. Only problem I've ever had was my 6Plus just died on me. (Blue screen) the Genius Bar replaced it for me, and I sold it bought the smaller 6 instead. Didn't like the bigger size but I really need a better camera this time :/

Only downside is the nearest Apple Store is far. How does Express replacement work?

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

You call AppleCare, if the issue qualifies for a replacement, they will send you a new one in 1-2 days, depending on when you call. Most the time if you call in the morning, you will have it the next day. You then ship the old one back. It takes more time than going to an Apple Store, but my local stores have appointments booked 10 days in advanced. So 2 days is a lot less time.

7. greeley thread starter macrumors regular

greeley

Ohhh they send u a new one first, I like that. Takes me an hour just to drive to Apple, plus even with an appointment I spent the entire day waiting to be helped

I spent like 6 hours waiting to be called, my phone was completely dead so the genius pretty much started the process of setting me up with a new phone immediately.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yep, the perks of the express replacement. You provide them with a Credit card incase you don't send back the broken on, but its just a hold. Its convenient not dealing with the hassle of a store, even if it takes a day or two to get the device.