PayPal account locked?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Topher15, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

I tried to buy something on eBay only to get the following message when I tried to log into PayPal to make the payment:

It also said "Please contact our Account Review Department at appeal@paypal.com" which I did and received the following email:

I then go back to the original "Error Detected" message and put my email into the submission box and receive the following response:

Okay... but the very problem is I cannot log in to my account to begin with!!

Anyone has this problem before?

(Also, I've gone through all my emails and have received nothing about this, either before or after my account was locked. I rarely use eBay or PayPal and so do not even know when this happened.)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not sure how this applies to a Mac forum, but you need to contact PayPal, even by phone, if needed. They're the only ones who can help you. Maybe someone hacked your account.

3. Topher15 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Well this is the "Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion" forum.

Yes, I plan to ring them. Just wondering if people have gone through this. I hear many criticisms about PayPal and I don't want to have to jump through hoops just to use eBay.