Paypal Chargeback

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CRAZYBUBBA, Dec 21, 2007.

1. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I've filed a chargeback with my credit card company which was turned in my favor after I didn't receive an item that I had paid for.

My credit card company paid me yesterday and told me that the issue is closed in their books and that I would not be charged again for the purchase.

Paypal has emailed me and expects me to resolve the dispute with the seller via their website should I even bother responding? Does participating in paypal's mediation put me in a vulnerable position?

Edit: I did try to get a refund from the seller, without luck.

2. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

How could it hurt you to play nice with PayPal system?

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Because PayPal are a PITA. I'd do it that way too.

EDIT:

@ CRAZYBUBBA as you have your money already I don't see why you need to deal with the Paypal system, though I suggest you talk to your Bank/Paypal to find out more.

4. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

If your credit card company will not charge you again and your money is basically safe , then I would not contact unless I have time.

5. sk8ordie macrumors regular

sk8ordie

PayPal is evil. They have screwed over many honest users.

6. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I paid for something on eBay with PayPal once and when I got it it didn't even work. I contacted PayPal, or eBay one I can't remember, and the seller never responded so they refunded my money no problem.

7. je1ani macrumors 6502

Of course you won... Paypal doesn't fight chargebacks. Anyone who does a chargeback automatically wins because paypal doesn't want to spend their resources fighting over their dispute when they can just refund them instantly

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You need to respond with the facts (contact seller, didn't receive product). And write credit card company approved charge back.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You do need to at least respond to PayPal so they can stop wasting resources on chasing your claim when in fact you solved it all on your own without PayPal. In the future I would recommend allowing PayPal to do their job or if faith in PayPal is completely gone then do it the way that you did. I think it is great you got your money back from the CC company, but I would certainly tell PayPal.