Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
I've filed a chargeback with my credit card company which was turned in my favor after I didn't receive an item that I had paid for.

My credit card company paid me yesterday and told me that the issue is closed in their books and that I would not be charged again for the purchase.

Paypal has emailed me and expects me to resolve the dispute with the seller via their website should I even bother responding? Does participating in paypal's mediation put me in a vulnerable position?

Edit: I did try to get a refund from the seller, without luck.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
How could it hurt you to play nice with PayPal system?

Because PayPal are a PITA. I'd do it that way too.

EDIT:

@ CRAZYBUBBA as you have your money already I don't see why you need to deal with the Paypal system, though I suggest you talk to your Bank/Paypal to find out more.

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
If your credit card company will not charge you again and your money is basically safe , then I would not contact unless I have time.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
I paid for something on eBay with PayPal once and when I got it it didn't even work. I contacted PayPal, or eBay one I can't remember, and the seller never responded so they refunded my money no problem.

je1ani

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
I've filed a chargeback with my credit card company which was turned in my favor after I didn't receive an item that I had paid for.

My credit card company paid me yesterday and told me that the issue is closed in their books and that I would not be charged again for the purchase.

Paypal has emailed me and expects me to resolve the dispute with the seller via their website should I even bother responding? Does participating in paypal's mediation put me in a vulnerable position?

Edit: I did try to get a refund from the seller, without luck.
Of course you won... Paypal doesn't fight chargebacks. Anyone who does a chargeback automatically wins because paypal doesn't want to spend their resources fighting over their dispute when they can just refund them instantly

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
You need to respond with the facts (contact seller, didn't receive product). And write credit card company approved charge back.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You do need to at least respond to PayPal so they can stop wasting resources on chasing your claim when in fact you solved it all on your own without PayPal. In the future I would recommend allowing PayPal to do their job or if faith in PayPal is completely gone then do it the way that you did. I think it is great you got your money back from the CC company, but I would certainly tell PayPal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.