Paypal.com?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by MacAlien, Jul 15, 2015.

1. MacAlien macrumors 6502

MacAlien

Has anybody had any issues trying to login to this site? It just seems to hang up and show the beachball of doom. No ideas why just paypal.

2. KALLT macrumors 601

Do you happen to have Silverlight installed and have given paypal.com permission (or a blanket permission to every site) to access the plug-in? You can check in Safari preferences > security > Internet plug-ins. I recommend setting Silverlight access to ask or block.

3. MacAlien thread starter macrumors 6502

MacAlien

I have. Just hangs there. Left it for an hour already and still just frozen on the page. Tried it on another MBP and loaded fine. Just unsure what I'm missing here.

4. KALLT macrumors 601

Silverlight is broken in El Capitan beta 3 / public beta 1. You need to disable it. I don’t think that you need to use Silverlight for anything on Paypal.

5. MacAlien thread starter macrumors 6502

MacAlien

That'd be it. Thanks!

6. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I didn't think PayPal used Silverlight. The only site that I use that uses Silverlight, works the same as it did on Yosemite. The site works with the exception of the ability to click on links to download pdf files from the site. I think it has something to do with safari's pop up blocking.

7. JGilly macrumors newbie

Paypal.com works for me now too only with Silverlight disabled. Thanks for the tip. Now, if I can only figure out how to get mvelopes.com to allow login.

8. SG- macrumors regular

SG-

pro-tip, uninstall Silverlight and never install it again.

9. howi macrumors newbie

howi

I have not encountered any issue when logging into my PayPal account with other browsers. For Safari, it does prompt for an update when I go to PayPal.com

Netflix, for example, also involves Microsoft Silverlight in my case.