Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

PayPal's Digital Gifts eBay storefront today launched another 15 percent discount on $100 App Store and iTunes gift cards, which the company has been doing once a month since February. While the deal lasts, those with a PayPal account can purchase the $100 iTunes gift cards for $85, which will then be delivered via email a few hours later. The gift cards will only be valid on purchases made in the United States App and iTunes Stores.

For those adding more credit onto their iTunes accounts, the iTunes Movies store refreshed today with a handful of new sales on both HD and 4K HDR films. We've rounded up a few of these movies below, alongside notable ongoing film discounts. Besides movie rentals and purchases on iTunes, these gift cards can be used for Apple Music and other iTunes billing subscriptions, album and iBooks purchases, and more.

itunes-gift-card-sale-410.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with eBay. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

4K HDR
[*]Independence Day - $4.99, down from $14.99
[*]The Shape of Water - $9.99, down from $14.99
[*]The Disaster Artist - $9.99, down from $14.99
[*]War for the Planet of the Apes - $9.99, down from $14.99
[*]Edge of Tomorrow - $9.99, down from $14.99
[*]The Fifth Element - $9.99, down from $19.99
[*]The Secret Life of Pets - $9.99, down from $14.99
[*]The LEGO Movie - $9.99, down from $14.99 HD
[*]It Comes At Night - $7.99, down from $14.99
[*]The Witch - $7.99, down from $14.99
[*]I, Tonya - $9.99, down from $14.99
[*]Fargo - $9.99, down from $14.99
[*]Grosse Pointe Blank - $9.99, down from $14.99
[*]Father Figures - $14.99, down from $19.99 Head over to our full Deals Roundup to check out more of this week's sales and discounts.

Article Link: PayPal Discounts $100 iTunes Gift Cards to $85 as iTunes Launches New Movie Sales

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Anyone else stop buying Disney movies entirely since they refuse to support 4K HDR? I'm not wasting my money on something that will possibly never be upgraded. I don't even have a TV that supports 4K yet, but I'm planning to upgrade sometime early next year. It's not worth the risk with Disney right now so I'd rather wait it out.

LinusR

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Anyone else stop buying Disney movies entirely since they refuse to support 4K HDR? I'm not wasting my money on something that will possibly never be upgraded. I don't even have a TV that supports 4K yet, but I'm planning to upgrade sometime early next year. It's not worth the risk with Disney right now so I'd rather wait it out.

I'm with you. Especially, who knows with Disney, they might very well come up with some half-baked DOA proprietary solution.

nrose101

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2011
Movie Deals Daily app is also really good getting all the current sales.

cheapcharts app is great for seeing what movies are currently in sale. only issue I have is that when on wifi, pictures are great quality. When on cellular, they load very crappy.

YankeeSR23

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
New Jersey

I don’t buy them physically but I’ll buy them on sale digitally because if they finally wise up and support 4K, the HD ones will automatically become 4K, at least that’s how it was with all my other HD version purchases.

Reactions: unipnthr

YankeeSR23

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
New Jersey
cheapcharts app is great for seeing what movies are currently in sale. only issue I have is that when on wifi, pictures are great quality. When on cellular, they load very crappy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve been looking for a price alert/comparison site for iTunes media for the longest time since Movies Anywhere relaunched and allows me to buy movies anywhere now. Granted this only works with iTunes but that’s where I buy the majority of my media so I’m happy. Gotta add to my wishlist and start saving money!!

dancefreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
Hermosa Beach, CA

Just buy Disney on VUDU. It will be 4K and there's apps for apple devices. You'll get an HD file that syncs in iTunes via Movies Anywhere until Disney and Apple workout their disagreement about 4K. All Disney/Marvel/Pixar/Lucas big releases from Guardians vol. 2 onward are available in 4K

Reactions: eyeseeyou

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Just buy Disney on VUDU. It will be 4K and there's apps for apple devices. You'll get an HD file that syncs in iTunes via Movies Anywhere until Disney and Apple workout their disagreement about 4K. All Disney/Marvel/Pixar/Lucas big releases from Guardians vol. 2 onward are available in 4K

Or a suggestion to check out ultraviolet cinema . They usually have lower prices hdx Vudu movies that sync everywhere with movies anywhere

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve been looking for a price alert/comparison site for iTunes media for the longest time since Movies Anywhere relaunched and allows me to buy movies anywhere now. Granted this only works with iTunes but that’s where I buy the majority of my media so I’m happy. Gotta add to my wishlist and start saving money!!

Have you discovered the amazing world of iTunes digital codes? You can buy them on a number of websites, and on eBay. They are codes that people don't use when they buy movies that include a digital code. You can score a lot of great movies for a couple bucks. Some links: (the first has an alphabetical list of a lot of movies that shows you the best prices it currently knows of)...

http://ultravioletcinema.com/getitunes

https://uv-digimart.com/collections/itunes

https://cheapuvcodes.com

https://www.flixonthego.com/collections/flix-on-the-go-itunes-only-codes

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Dammit, just noticed this. Was looking to maximize my savings on a Apple Music 1-year subscription. 1 year for $85 brings it down to a little over $7 a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.