Paypal Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Frankf300, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

I've got a few newb type questions about Paypal. Searching through their site, I still couldn't find the answers I was looking for. These are probably ridiculously easy questions, but I'm not seeing it :rolleyes:. I set up a Personal Paypal account a while ago and never did anything with it. Now, as I near my 100 post count, I'm looking around the room and I have a bunch of things I can get rid of. I have no bank account or credit card info associated with my Paypal account at all. Only my e-mail and shipping info, is what I submitted.

The way my account is right now, can I accept payments? Do I have to put in any credit card info before I am allowed to accept payments. I only want to post some things here and trade strictly between other Paypal users, no credit/debit. My account is not verified either, if that makes a difference. If I can't accept payments the way it is now, what would I have to do to get it going?

If I set it up to accept payments than is my balance strictly money that can be spent online? For instance if I don't associate a CC or bank account than my balance could only be used for online purchases, right?

Sorry, for the stupid questions, but I'm confused :confused: lol. Thanks!

2. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

I believe you need to get a premier or business account to accept payments, but I could be wrong. To become a premier member, I think you need to hook up the account to your checking account. Look at upgrading your account on paypal and it should have the info.

3. urista macrumors newbie

urista

hi, you need to verify your account first by giving a bank account. this is only to verify, not necessarily because you will use your bank account. once that is done, you can accept payments. if someone pays you 100 dollars, you will have that 100 dollars (less than 100 since paypal takes a small fee like $1 or $2 bucks) on your paypal account. from there you can choose to have that 100 dollars given to you by being put into your bank account electronically, a check mailed to you, etc. or you can just keep it in your paypal account and use it from there.

4. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

Thats right, if you want ta accept credit cards you need to upgrade to a premier or business account. Couldn't remember.