PayPal on eBay Discounts $100 App Store and iTunes Gift Cards to $85

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 19, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

PayPal on eBay today is offering $100 App Store and iTunes gift cards for $85, marking the latest 15 percent discount on the cards and a good chance for those who have been waiting on a deal to get free iTunes credit. While the sale lasts, anyone with a PayPal account can take advantage of the deal, and you'll receive the code for the iTunes credit via email within a few hours after the purchase.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The gift card will be valid only on purchases made in the United States App and iTunes Stores. Like all iTunes gift card sales, this is a great opportunity to stock up on iTunes credit at a reduced price, which you can put towards third-party app subscriptions like Netflix and Hulu, iTunes movie rentals, iBooks purchases, and your Apple Music subscription. As the holidays approach, this is also a good time to stock up on gifts for friends, or store the credit in your own iTunes account for Apple's yearly movie discounts.

PayPal's iTunes gift card sales can last anywhere from a few hours to a day or two, so be sure to head over to the Digital Gifts eBay store and pick up your iTunes gift card while the discount lasts.

Since we're just four days out from Black Friday, it's also worth noting that more Black Friday sales have appeared at a few retailers, including an Early Access sale for My Best Buy members at Best Buy. This event has notable discounts on Beats headphones, Apple's iMac, Philips Hue lights, and more.

[​IMG]

[*]21.5-inch iMac (2017, 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive) - $899.99, down from $1,099.99
    [*]MacBook Pro - Save up to $250 / as low as $1,649.99 for 2018 models
    [*]Samsung 43-inch LED Smart 4K UHD TV with HDR - $277.99, down from $379.99
    [*]Ring Video Doorbell 2 - $139.99, down from $199.99 (with free Echo Dot 3rd Gen)
    [*]Jaybird X3 Sport Wireless In-Ear Headphones (Blackout) - $59.99, down from $129.99
    [*]Powerbeats3 - $99.99, down from $199.99
    [*]UE MEGABOOM (Charcoal Black) - $99.99, down from $249.99
    [*]Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Lightstrip - $59.99, down from $89.99 (with free $10 Best Buy e-gift card)
    [*]CarPlay Receivers - Save up to $450 / as low as $249.98 Best Buy also has the Apple Watch Series 3 for $50 off, but remember that Macy's and Target will have these models for as much as $80 off on Black Friday, so you should hold off for one of those sales if you're interested. Check out our full Black Friday Roundup for information on these discounts and more.

Article Link: PayPal on eBay Discounts $100 App Store and iTunes Gift Cards to $85

2. neuropsychguy macrumors 65816

neuropsychguy

$50 cards will be $40 at BestBuy on Black Friday.

3. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

It requires a US registered Paypal account with a US registered eBay account. I have a US iTunes/App Store account why it just doesn't allow me to buy? It's so stupid.

4. ignatius345 macrumors 68000

This is a great deal which has been recurring for a while. I've done it twice to keep my iTunes balance topped up, about to do it a third time. That's $45 saved so far!

5. RowellE macrumors regular

RowellE

Is it in-store only?

6. Kermit262 macrumors 6502

Kermit262

Doesn't get much better than 20% off.

7. Jetfire macrumors 6502

I remember when they did 25%. $100 card for $75. Should have bought more.

8. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

It’s not stupid, just like Costco or Sam’s Club require membership to take advantage of some of their Black Friday sales. Should people without iTunes accounts complain that they can’t purchase iTunes movies on sale?

9. Xprmntr macrumors regular

Xprmntr

10. LessO2 macrumors regular

I bought those iTunes cards at Costco in the warehouse at that price this weekend, but I also remember the reason I bought it then was because the price was only good though Sunday (yesterday, the 18th).

11. neuropsychguy macrumors 65816

neuropsychguy

12. chino-rican macrumors regular

chino-rican

I've bought these several times, but can't remember if they charged me tax. If not, then it might be a better deal than the stores mentioned depending on the state.

13. ZipZap macrumors 603

20% should be the minimum discount this time of year.

14. Icestorm815 macrumors member

Taxes are not assessed on gift card purchases. Taxes may be assessed when you use the gift cards to make a purchase on iTunes. This of course all depends on where you live and the laws in your area.

15. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I just snagged 2 $100 cards from Costco for $158.98, that'll last me awhile. Now I don't have to go into a store and get them. :p

16. smirking macrumors 65816

smirking

I just did the same. Even without Black Friday deals, Costco has been known to offer $200 iTunes cards for an 18% discount at times.

17. Stryder541 macrumors newbie

Stryder541

Still good today the 19th.

18. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

Yay, I'm glad this deal appeared just in time; I had $8 still on my account from the last time.

I like these; not only do you save money but it keeps all those little tiny Apple transactions off your credit card statement. I have Netflix, an iCloud storage plan, and a couple of app subscriptions so any money I add to my account will eventually be spent anyway. These deals are like free money.

19. abbstrack macrumors regular

Sweet. I bought 2 from Costco and 1 from ebay and was able to get Final Cut Pro for about $245. I'll take it.