Paypal Payment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahdickter, Oct 22, 2011.

1. ahdickter macrumors 6502

I just received my iPhone 4s (love it with my life). So I sold my old 4th Gen 32GB iPod Touch on ebay for $200. They the buyer payed immediately through paypal. How long does it take for the payment to process?

2. Maclver, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Paypal will hold the funds until they receive notification that the package has been delivered...

As long as you supply a tracking number on paypal, after delivery funds should be available for use after 3 days. If you don't provide a shipping number it can take any where from 7 - 21 days.

FROM PAYPALS SITE
    "When will my eBay payment be available?
    Generally, payments are immediately available when your buyer pays. However, in some cases, there may be a wait before payments become available.
    This typically affects sellers who have a limited selling history or are Below Standard on eBay. In some cases, this may affect sellers who we’ve determined have a higher than average chance of experiencing transaction issues, including disputes, claims, or chargebacks.
    If this applies to you, following good shipping practices will help you access your payments faster. For example:
    If we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available 3 days after delivery.
    If you don’t upload tracking, but mark the item as shipped in My eBay, your payment should be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date.
    If you don’t provide any shipping information, your payment should be available 21 days after the transaction date, as long as your buyer doesn’t report a problem.
    We can only confirm delivery if you upload an online tracking number on PayPal or eBay for certain carriers (USPS, UPS and FedEx for US domestic shipments). The easiest way to do this is to print shipping labels through eBay or PayPal.
    If a dispute, claim, chargeback, reversal or other issue is received during the time your payment is unavailable, the payment will remain pending until the issue is resolved. If you, as the seller, are found responsible, funds from the transaction will be used to refund the buyer’s payment."

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/paypal_holds_faq

3. Apple OC, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

it should happen right away

Edit ... I do see above they may hold payment ... I personally have never had a payment held though.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Not always. See the post above yours, or real PayPal's FAQs.

5. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Payments are instant. Unless buyer used bank transfer
    They only hold it if you are a new member with low feedback.