iPhone PayPal push notifications

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by CreamEggBear, Feb 5, 2017.

1. CreamEggBear, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017

CreamEggBear macrumors member

CreamEggBear

I upgraded from an iPhone 6 to a 6S a while back and noticed that I cannot receive push notifications from PayPal.
    All I get is this error message.

I've looked in my PayPal settings online, deleted mobile devices and still no luck.

I installed PayPal on my work Samsung Galaxy Tab and can access the push notification settings in PayPal.

Is anyone else having this problem? [​IMG]

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Are you jailbroken?

Tried deleting/reinstalling the Paypal app?

3. CreamEggBear thread starter macrumors member

CreamEggBear

Not jail broken. iOS 10.2.1.

Tried deleting and reinstalling and no joy.

4. CreamEggBear thread starter macrumors member

CreamEggBear

This is the response from PayPal.

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding push notifications.

Good evening, I hope you're well. My name is Steven, I appreciate this is important to you. I will assist in resolving your query today.

I understand this is frustrating for you Keith. I've reviewed your account and all the settings and can see that everything is set up correctly so I checked to see if we are having any system issues with push notifications and have managed to find that our technical teams are currently working to resolve this issue.

The ticket with the technical team has been open for over 2 weeks so this means it's proving more difficult than they first thought to find the root cause of this issue.

I've sent an email to one of my colleagues within the technical team asking for an update on this and if there is any estimated date for the fix to be rolled out. He currently isn't in the office however as soon as I receive a response from him I will follow up with another email with more information.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused Keith and want to assure you that we will get this resolved.

5. Rookie42 macrumors newbie

I simply added the paypal emails to my email VIP list, and I get a lock screen pop-up every time I get an email notification from paypal to say I've made a payment, and who to etc. I didn't even know there was an app for the service, but this way if anyone uses my paypal account without my knowledge, I immediately see the email next time I look at my phone. You can assign sounds specifically to VIP emails as well if you want an audible alert too.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I noticed this same issue a few days ago. Glad it's a bigger issue than just me and is being worked on.

7. CreamEggBear thread starter macrumors member

CreamEggBear

Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon

8. CreamEggBear thread starter macrumors member

CreamEggBear

Good suggestion

9. CreamEggBear thread starter macrumors member

CreamEggBear

PayPal released an update today that fixed my issue

[​IMG]