Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
Ok I have a question about using paypal with something like craigslist. Say I want to buy something from craigslist, and I pay through pay pal, if I dont receive the item can I get my money back through pay pal?

descartes

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2006
you should be able to file a dispute but you should poke around the website to confirm. as I recall, there is a category describing whether it is a nonauction good so I dont see how it would be different than buying something outside ebay.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
In my experience PayPal leans more toward protecting the buyer, not the seller.

There are horror stories of people selling stuff (albeit on eBay) and the seller receives it, then proceeds to file a dispute with PayPal anyway and get their money back. It's not uncommon, actually..

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
In my experience PayPal leans more toward protecting the buyer, not the seller.

There are horror stories of people selling stuff (albeit on eBay) and the seller receives it, then proceeds to file a dispute with PayPal anyway and get their money back. It's not uncommon, actually..
Yup, the burden is on the seller to prove that the buyer has actually receive and used the product. I have encountered this quite a few times with my online store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.