PayPal question!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wfoster, Mar 28, 2009.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

I've just withdrew some money from my PayPal account - I withdrew it yesterday or the day before I forgot but.. it now says completed and not pending. Does that mean that my funds are actually now in my bank?

I tried placing an order on Apple and it says it declined my card. :S

2. d.aneaston666 macrumors newbie

3. wfoster thread starter macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Try reading it now, should understand it better.

Sorry, I'm tired.

4. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

The OP probably means he's withdrawn funds from his PayPal account to his bank account.

It can take a few days to fully clear to your bank account (it tells you this when you widthraw your funds).

Paypal is usually pretty quick to take you money, but will find excuses not to give it to you as quickly.

5. wfoster thread starter macrumors 6502a

wfoster

That is exactly what I ment and that is the answer I am looking for. Thanks - I appreciate it.

6. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

On a related note, I heard on the radio the other day that electronic bank transfers are in the process of being much faster. Some banks currently support this quick payment, and the others should be online by the end of the year.

At that point, Paypal (or whatever banks that it and you uses) won't have an excuse to use a "clearing" period.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

How much faster are we talking about here?

I can use my debit card anywhere in the world and the charge will show up immediately on my online banking. I don't see any reason why bank-to-bank transfers can't go that quickly, it shouldn't take 3 days. They're always quick to take your money, but never quick to give it to you.