paypal question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glocke12, Jun 6, 2010.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Didnt really want to do it, but i just sold something on ebay and the buyer paid via paypal. It was alot of money ($600.00), and paypal is telling me my balance is "pending", or a payment hold. WTF does that mean? Here is paypals definition:

"A payment hold is a type of reserve in which 100% of the funds received are held for a specified amount of time."

The give no definition of what a "specified" amount of time is....

Im guessing my money wont be released until after the buyer recieves his item?

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    28 days later if there's no chargeback filed against you, or if the buyer pro-actively says he received his item and it satisfied with it - that can either be through an eBay feedback, or can be done via Paypal.

You can get on the case with the buyer and tell him to help you out as Paypal is holding your greens. Not very dignified at all - but what else can you do..

3. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

28 days??? You have got to be kidding me. Screw that...

4. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Yeah, nasty isn't it. Especially if you wanted to use money from the sale to pay for the shipping..

But no choice in the matter unfortunately, complaining to a Paypal rep won't get you anywhere either. The reason Paypal does it is because it was a high risk transaction (like a mobile phone or laptop), or because your account doesn't trade often.

After you trade a lot with Paypal they lift that restriction. Sellers aren't nearly as well protected with Paypal as buyers are - so choose carefully who you sell to.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Screw that? You have no choice, they are ebay/paypals rules. Not fair, I agree but they are what thy are

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If you enter the parcel tracking number into paypal when you ship the item it'll switch to the balance being avalible once the item is signed for.

You must have feedback of less than 100 otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

7. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Yeah screw that. I'm canceling the sale. The shipping charges for this alone are 200.00. Add in the fact I've already been scammed once through Paypal via a chargeback and I'm very uncomfortable with this.

eBay/Paypal seems to be a law unto themselves.

8. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

^^ honestly that sound's like your best option. Might as well try and sell your item locally thus to avoid that HIGH shipping cost too.

9. michel smith macrumors newbie

I don't think so. But make sure your parents buy it for you with their permission so you don't get cought if questioned.

10. tooz macrumors 6502

huh?:confused:

11. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

$200 to ship? WTF is it?

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And WhereTF is it going?