PayPal what did I do???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cybergypsy, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I have had paypal for a while now, and was just selling my macbook never had a problem....Bam they limit my account and I cant even send the poor guy his money back, I did tell him to stop the Credit card he put it on,the have a list of 20 things they want me to do and also to ship BEFORE i have the money in my account...I never had one complaint.....sorry guys just venting.......I am soooo Upset!

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

that certainly sounds suspicious!!!

first thing you need to do is make sure it's really Paypal sending you communications. I've seen reports of scammers sending fake "insturctions" from "Paypal" including insisting that you ship right away

3. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Its paypal alright i logged in ant it said limited account, never had a issue and still dont, but reading paypalsucks.com others had

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

That happened to me once, they limited my account and I had to go through a verification process before they opened it back up. Apparently they said someone overseas was trying to hack it or something like that, that's why they limited my account. I've used paypal for almost a decade now and never had any issues otherwise.

Oh yeah someone tried to access my Paypal debit card from far out of state and boy were they surprised to find out I have no money. Sometimes it pays to be poor.

5. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I feel bad for the buyer as i cant ship until i have payment in hand ,,,,,,I feel sick over this :(

6. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

They limit accounts for verification purposes.. especially when you sell higher priced items. I had to wait 10-15 days before my account could be cleared. After that, it's been perfect - great customer service et al.

For all the people bashing PayPal, you should see what happens when Amazon.com limits your seller account - for 45 days.. and nobody bothers to even respond to your inquiries. :rolleyes:

7. ~NeonFire372~ macrumors member

I've been using Amazon.ca for years and I haven't had any problems.

8. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

They did that to me, too, once and the lift wouldn't come off even after I completed their list of things to do. I called them and they fixed it for me (eventually).

(402) 952-8899

Good luck!

9. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

To be honest, not sure if i want to ever use them again........

10. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Very typical PayPal story.

I can't comment on Amazon, but PayPal has a horrible track record and deals with a far greater number of sellers than those that go through Amazon.

Probably not a bad idea, if you can work around it.

It's hard to not use PayPal when its so tightly integrated with eBay (which is totally unfair, since they own it). I was hoping Google Checkout might have an impact on this, but it seems like its barely made a dent in PayPal. You know something's a juggernaut when even Google can't muscle its way into the picture.

11. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Its happened to me.

I was able to join the Paypal class settlement back when it was going on, so at least I got some of my money back.

12. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

For my macs I think i will sell here , as I have sold close to 100 items and never a issue also did many trades and they sent me the item first, I am now in a trade and the person gave me a story he send it and did not just printed a label called the PO and they were able to stop the package.

13. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

9 years or so, 300+ things bought and sold with PP, not a single problem.

except....when I bought my iMac with my paypal debit card (that comes out of my paypal balance directly), they would not let me use it again (like paying for shipping something) until I called PP and authorized that $1500+ charge for the iMac.

So I guess, sort of, they were looking out for me. Thinking it was odd I would buy a computer out of the blue.

If you want to deal with paypal, jump the hoops, pay the fees, keep the convenience. ;)

14. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

I racked up sales of $6500 or so in a week.. so Amazon shut me down. I had my account with them for 2 years.. but my sales on average were about $600-$800 a month. As soon as a spike in sales occurs.. *any* sales platform shuts down a seller to review what's going on.