PB 12" Superdrive blockaded

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kaupa, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Kaupa macrumors regular

Hello,
    the superdrive of my PB 12" wont take any CD/DVD, seems like something physicaly blockades it and doesnt let it slip in complet. Is there anything I could do without opening it (with a knife or something?

2. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Just curious, are you sure there isn't a disk in the computer? I know it's a stupid question, but that would be a good reason why it won't take a CD/DVD in and it feels like something is physically blocking it (another CD/DVD!!!).

Just a guess... probably wrong, as you would certainly try that.

3. Kaupa thread starter macrumors regular

Haha,
    no, but thats been my first guess too:)
    I finally got this book yesterday and I thought maybe the prior owner left one in, but it was a mechanical problem. I disassembled the whole unit last night and found some lose srews in the case:eek:. One is for the keyboard from the ram bay, the other i could not identify.
    I also found the problem, the right upper screw for the keyboard (below F11-F12) was a wrong one and too long, so it pressed down the case of the DVD unit:eek:
    Must have been a real freak who messed this machine up. There are also a few srews missing, but hey, I payed half the normal market price and got an ext. apple alloy keyboard, an EyeTV, a sleve and a Leopard Retail in addition:)