PB 5 crashing during startup after updating from PB 1

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by seme332, Aug 21, 2015.

1. seme332 macrumors regular

seme332

Hey guys!

So I just yesterday installed the Public Beta of El Cap on my second Mac. I did this by going to the App Store, purchases, and downloading the file from there. Then I installed the file, which I guess is PB1?... Now, today, I tried updating to PB5 because the update showed up. Everything went fine until the computer restarted. Now, every time the Mac tries to boot up, it shows the Apple logo on white background and on the left a whole amount of text saying something I don't understand and also something along the lines of OS X Version not yet detected or something. After this happened I recovered from a Backup (from this morning before to Update) and tried to to the Update again... Which failed again.

Anyone knows whats going on?

Thanks!

2. WhiplashChick macrumors newbie

WhiplashChick

I'm having the same problem, too. Have you figured anything out on it?

3. seme332 thread starter macrumors regular

seme332

No, sadly not. I downgraded the Mac to 10.10.4 by restoring from Time Machine backup which surprisingly worked.

4. seme332, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015

seme332 thread starter macrumors regular

seme332

PLEASE DELETE THIS

No, sadly not. I downgraded the Mac to 10.10.4 by restoring from Time Machine backup which surprisingly worked.

5. WhiplashChick macrumors newbie

WhiplashChick

I tried to go back to a backup from May and it still crashed on re-boot. This is going to be fun to fix.

6. seme332 thread starter macrumors regular

seme332

Clean install would be my next advice! Hope you've got all your data backed up!

7. WhiplashChick macrumors newbie

WhiplashChick

Yeah, everything is backed up. Unfortunately, I can't get the thing to boot into recovery mode.

8. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

Yes, I had the same panics on maybe 80% of my startups in PB1, down to 60% on PB2, but since PB3 that issue has gone away. Surprised it has returned for you?

Lou

9. mr.bee macrumors 6502a

mr.bee

I Had the same problem , going from PB1 to PB5, after installation of 1 he started installation of 5 but didn't seem to end it. I had to install it 4 times and then it was PB5 lol

10. WhiplashChick macrumors newbie

WhiplashChick

I was finally able to get the recovery boot to work. I restored to back before the public betas and now things are running fine. No more betas for me.