Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kerpow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
London
My PB (see sig) has awful wireless reception. I've just moved into our new house and have set up our spare room as an office. I have the PB connected to a monitor, kb, mouse and printer and want to use it as a static computer as I have a more modern laptop from work. That Toshiba can pick my AE perfectly in that room but the PB doesn't see it all. I've used MacStumbler and again, doesn't see the network at all. If I take the PB downstairs nearer to the AE it picks it up fine so the card does work.

Any suggestions? I think I may have to just buy a powerline unit and connect the PB to a hard wire.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
PowerBooks were notoriously bad at picking up wireless networks, due largely to their metal casing. I'm not so sure that the Powerline product is necessarily the best way to go. Perhaps you could look into extending your current wireless network via WDS with another AirPort (Extreme or Express). :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.