Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppc_michael

Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Don't get me wrong, I love the backlit keys. But the light sensor that decides when the keys should turn on seems to be a bit too sensitive for me. It turns on the backlighting even during the day in my room.

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor?

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
ppc_michael said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the backlit keys. But the light sensor that decides when the keys should turn on seems to be a bit too sensitive for me. It turns on the backlighting even during the day in my room.

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor?
Hit F8 and it will turn the backlight off, then just hit it again for when you do when it back. You can also use F9 to make it light not so bright, and F10 for making them brighter.

That is for the 15" PB, look at your F keys, look for the keys with a line, and the lines with sun shine rays. These are your keyboard brightness keys.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
ppc_michael said:
Thanks, but I'm talking about the sensor that decides when to automatically turn it on.
No, since that would make things too complicated. Apple keeps things uncoomplicated, thus the single button mouse. Less to them is better, even though this type of setting would be nice. You can have it not so bright, bright, or off completely. Sorry. If you want to have them off by default, under System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, there is a "Illuminate keyboard in low light conditions" check box you can uncheck.

There maybe third party apps that can configure this, but I don't know of any. versiontracker.com is where you will find it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.