Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I set up the sleep timer on 12" PB via Energy Saver (1.5 hours after non use). Somehow it is not going to sleep by itself (but the screen goes to sleep though according to Energy Saver setting). I can put it to sleep from menu. It is set up in the clam shell mode with a 20" ACD. This PB used to go to sleep according to Energy Saver setting; but, somehow it stopped following that setting. Can anyone suggest the fix for this?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
There was an update a few months ago that meant 'Books would stay awake if playing music whereas beforehand they would fall asleep. Have you got iTunes churning through your library?

Is there another app that could be keeping it up?

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
The strange thing is I have not changed the setting that I can thing of. It used to sleep according to Engergy Saver setting. There is no program open as I closed all the programs. In the dock, I don't find a program running (except of course, Dashboard, as I see the small mark at the bottom of Dashboard icon in the dock). I wonder what is proventing Energy Saver setting from working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.