Pb G4 12" won't turn on. Weird power adapter issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chefboiali, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Chefboiali macrumors newbie

Chefboiali

The PB just simply won't turn on. Weird thing, is that when the power chord is plugged in, it's green. When I hit the power button, it turns orange. I hear nothing turning inside. The battery blinks on the first light, but flickers and doesn't feel warm at all. Logic board? I love this little machine. :confused:

Thanks in advanced

2. tecknical macrumors regular

3. Chefboiali thread starter macrumors newbie

Chefboiali

PB won't turn on with the battery removed, either.

Edit: And weird.... The computer is OFF, and when I hit the Caps lock key, it glows green. I hit it again, and it turns off. :(

4. Chefboiali thread starter macrumors newbie

Chefboiali

Sorry for the bump

Change out the DC-IN board? The plug does shift a little when the chord is in. I know for sure this machine was treated not so well, and that it has a 7200rpm drive installed not too long ago, and was running hot.

Thanks again for any help. I'm in limbo to spend $ on this machine. I'm wondering if I just change out the logic board, or go with DC board first.

5. Chefboiali thread starter macrumors newbie

Chefboiali

Bumping again.

Is the machine just too old for anyone to comment? Or is it more about just not knowing?

Any O.G.'s out there? I'm trying to spend < $200. Worth it to me.

$80 on a new logicboard
    $20 on DC in
    $20 DC to DC board. Should I change all of that, or just start with DC-in. Being that you have to open that sucker up, I figured to replace all of it from a donor I found. Sound good?

Thanks again.

6. Chefboiali thread starter macrumors newbie

Chefboiali

I changed out the DC-in board. I can now here the superdrive start up, and the hard drive is spinning, but that's it. Nothing.

Scrapping the project. I could do the logic board for cheap, but if you've ever been inside one of these, you don't really wanna have to go back inside. Lotta lotta screws.

Thanks for the soundboard guys. :wavey:

o: