PB G4 --> Black MB?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bektravels, Jun 1, 2008.

1. bektravels macrumors regular

Hi All

Well, my 12in PB is pretty much on it's last legs and it's time to think about replacing it.

To me, the black MB generally seems like the most logical replacement in terms of size/HD space that I'd be after.

A few things I'd like to ask peeps who already have a black MB:

- How does it handle CS3 (generally I'd be using it for photo processing and web design when I'm away from my main office iMac)? Heck I guess it can't be any worse that CS2 on the PB:)

- How tough do you rate the case? My PB really was a tough little cookie when it came to unintentional drops/falls.

**I'd prefer not to go to a MBP as I prefer the smaller size for travel etc.

Cheers!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I loved my BlackBook 2.4 Penryn 250GB, though I just traded up to the MBP 2.4 17" Glossy Widescreen for the larger screen, I know I'll miss my BlackBook. Never had a drop or any damage to the case. Constantly ran PS, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, on my BlackBook and had as many as 5-6 windows open at the same time and the BlackBook ran flawlessly. Usually have 2-3 browsers at the same time and the BlackBook doesn't even strain or heat-up like my MB 2.16 and MBA. Easy to keep clean, with iKlear. I loved the 250GB HDD, I still had about 190GB free space. It's a real workhorse for its size. Hooked up to a Sony Bravia 40" LCD on a regular basis.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

CS3 runs sweet on my 2.4GHz BlackBook with 4GB of RAM. Photoshop launches within a few bounces from a cold start, second launch time is less than a bounce to the splash screen and about a second after that it's all up and running.

Case is good, gets pretty fingerprinty and greasy looking so carry a cloth with you if you're doing presentations. If it's really a big deal get the white with the 250GB upgrade and 4GB of RAM and you'll probably pay less than a stock black MacBook.

It's a screamer of a machine. The difference between CS3 on a PPC Mac and this MacBook is amazing.