Pb with mail / addressbook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thefrenchyclown, Sep 23, 2008.

1. thefrenchyclown macrumors newbie

Need help !
    2 icons (mail / addressbook) on my dock are replaced by the application icon. When I click it, nothing happens.
    When I go within the Applications Section, the icons (mail / addressbook) are also replaced by the application icon. When I click it, nothing happens. CCL: not able to use mail and addressbook

what's this about and how do i get the applications back ?

thanks,

chris

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Sounds like you have a corrupted Mac OS X installation.

Here's what I would do to correct this:
    • Re-apply the latest combo updater for your particular major Mac OS X version. (For Tiger this is 10.4.11 Combo, for Leopard 10.5.5 Combo as of this writing, for Panther 10.3.9 Combo, etc.)
    • If that fails, use Pacifist to restore a known working version from your Mac OS X install disc(s), then re-apply the combo updater to get everything up to date.
    • If that too fails, Archive and Install Mac OS X from the Mac OS X install disc(s). Make sure you choose Preserve Users and Network Settings when doing this - otherwise your user account will be reset to a default state.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

First, try restarting.

If that doesn't fix it, try repairing permissions.

If that doesn't work, then I would try creating a new user to see if the problem only occurs in your account.

If that doesn't work, then I would reinstall OS X.

It is the icon on the Applications folder that is a Pencil, Paintbrush, and ruler forming the letter A, overlapping a stack of papers.

TEG