Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheLost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I have an 15" AlBook, about 2.5 years old. Sometimes right after I unplug it, it gives me an almost out of battery notification, and shows a full battery on the display, but says it has 7 or 8 minutes left. Leaving it alone for five minutes or so makes it display almost 3 hours remaining (what I expect from a full charge). It did this for a few days about a month ago then stopped, but its acting up again. Is this a sign its about to die or just random weirdness?

Thanks! :)

kbonnel

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2004
In a nice place..
It could be the battery is dying, not the actual battery but the electronics in it. Or it could be the PB's electronics that hook up to the battery are having issues. Do you have other batteries that do this? When the battery shows a full 3 hours remaining, do you let it drain down to make sure it is actually 3 hours?

Kimo

TheLost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I let it drain until I get a warning. I'm not sure if its exactly 3 hours but its very close. Unfortunately I don't have any other batteries to try them out. I don't want to be stuck without a battery, but as a poor college student I don't want to shell out $100 for a new battery if its no big deal :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.