Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmp20thGTI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
First post, so be easy. I searched and didnt find anything relating to my question.

I have a 1.3ghz, 17" PowerBook G4, currently running only 1gb of ram. I have 2 slots of filled 1gb ram, but my laptop has the all mighty curse of the inoperable ram slot defect.

So my question is, has anyone tried and successfully gotten a 2gb stick of ram working in the only slot that works?

If so, what brand, and direction to where you bought it?

Thanks in advance.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
First post, so be easy. I searched and didnt find anything relating to my question.

I have a 1.3ghz, 17" PowerBook G4, currently running only 1gb of ram. I have 2 slots of filled 1gb ram, but my laptop has the all mighty curse of the inoperable ram slot defect.

So my question is, has anyone tried and successfully gotten a 2gb stick of ram working in the only slot that works?

If so, what brand, and direction to where you bought it?

Thanks in advance.

Just found this thread over on Apple's discussions board,
hope it'll clarify your enquiry.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1397482&tstart=45

bmp20thGTI

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
^ Thanks, i have been looking for an answer from someone who tried first hand, but it looks like its just not going to work out in my favor.

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.