PBG4 + Leopard = Lame battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by suzy2008, Sep 14, 2008.

1. suzy2008 macrumors newbie

So I've been searching the threads and I've yet to find a solution. I'm on a PBG4 1.33ghz with 768mb of RAM. My machine was fine, then one day I decided to upgrade to leopard... now my battery life is shot. I used to get a couple hours, sometimes more like 3-4, now it is a shotty 1 hour at best. I saw this transformation literally the day after I installed leopard. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
    Suzy

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Are you using "Best Energy Savings" setting? Did you turn down brightness? Those things kill the battery life.

3. mandojeremy macrumors newbie

This is unrelated but if you have Leopard on that machine I would highly recommend maxing out the ram. I have 1.25gb in mine and it makes a huge difference. To answer your question: I don't know. My battery life on my PB stayed the same when I installed Leopard.

4. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

Were those actual experienced times or just reported times? I could be your battery had been un-calibrated previously, thus estimating and reporting a much longer time than the battery would have actually given you.

If those were experienced hours, and you've already calibrated the battery under Leopard, then I have no idea why that would be.

5. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I noticed mine would kick on the fans sooner in Leopard than Tiger. Might have something to do with running your battery down sooner if yours does the same thing. It also spent a lot of time indexing the HD those first few days and I think that killed some of my battery time too. However, my 12" is now getting the same battery life it used to.

6. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

better battery life + 6 cubes brightness and no volume helps mine out :)

7. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

My PB went from getting about 30 minutes to 45, so not much change here (yes I know I need a new battery).

Leopard hasn't increased my CPU by much (I keep track of it with Menumeters).