pbook vs. ibook

a2cute2control

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2005
Okay, so i'm serverly upset that the ibook was not updated, so I'm saying F%$k it, I'm going for the powerbook. Yes, I know the obvious technical reasons why it is a better machine, but can someone put it in laments terms, "why" it's better. Thanks.

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
a2cute2control said:
Okay, so i'm serverly upset that the ibook was not updated, so I'm saying F%$k it, I'm going for the powerbook. Yes, I know the obvious technical reasons why it is a better machine, but can someone put it in laments terms, "why" it's better. Thanks.
In layman's terms it's all the extra technical features + it's aluminum. I can't get anymore simple without becoming techinical again, lol.

_pb_boi

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
a2cute2control said:
Is 'this has been debated to death a million times before' in laymans terms? I'm struggling to put it any more simply. :rolleyes:

I'd link to the posts, but even that gets irritating the fifth or sixth time.

andy.

Edit: Oh dear, sponsored links :(

Bowser

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2005
how bout, does an iBook with max Ram run Garage Band comparably to a base pbook?

a2cute2control

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2005
I noticed that if you jack a ibook 14'' superdrive with roughly the same specs as a 12'' pb with superdrive, it only comes out to be about 20 bucks cheaper (canadian anyway)...to me, that pretty much sums it up.

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
Powerbooks have faster CPUs, GPU, bus, memory, better connections, Bluetooth standard.

sw1tcher

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
The PB is better than the iBook because it costs more. The more money we give to Apple, the longer they'll remain in business. And that's a good thing, right?

_pb_boi

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
sw1tcher said:
The PB is better than the iBook because it costs more. The more money we give to Apple, the longer they'll remain in business. And that's a good thing, right?
I'd assume, perhaps naively, that the Powerbook is more or less proportionally more expensive to produce, though, and so buying Powerbooks over iBooks solely on this basis wouldn't contribute to the longevity of Apple as a company :cool:

andy.

X-Baz

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2002
Leeds, England
an iBook won't do more than 1024x768 resolution.

I have a 12" PB and that's only 1024 but I can plug it into an external monitor ... you can't with an iBook. Of course, some people aren't bothered about the smaller screen space.