Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

jobs_macs_1984.jpg

Tributes to Steve Jobs have been plentiful in the weeks since his death and his authorized biography by Walter Isaacson has revealed a number of new details about his life, but a new documentary from PBS set to premiere on Wednesday, November 2nd appears to offer insights from some unique people associated with Jobs.
Featuring interviews with, among others, Ronald Wayne, co-founder of Apple with Jobs and Steve Wozniak; Ross Perot, who invested in NeXT Computer when Jobs was running out of money; Walt Mossberg, principal technology columnist for The Wall Street Journal, who interviewed Jobs every year from 2003-2010; will.i.am, frontman and producer for The Black Eyed Peas, whose "I Gotta Feeling" currently ranks as the most downloaded iTunes song ever; Dean Hovey, designer of the original mouse for Apple; Robert Cringely, writer and host of the PBS series TRIUMPH OF THE NERDS: THE RISE OF ACCIDENTAL EMPIRES; Robert Palladino, calligraphy professor at Reed College, whose classes Jobs credited with inspiring his typography design for the Mac; and Bill Fernandez, who introduced Jobs and Wozniak in Sunnyvale, where the three hung out in his father's garage and tinkered with electronics.
The documentary will also include clips from a "never-before-broadcast" 1994 interview with Jobs in which he shares some of his thoughts on life.

The documentary examines Jobs' life from the perspective of understanding the influences that "shaped his character" and enabled him to revolutionize numerous industries. Steve Jobs - One Last Thing will premiere next Wednesday, November 2nd, at 10:00 PM on PBS stations around the United States.

Article Link: PBS to Air 'Steve Jobs - One Last Thing' Documentary on November 2nd

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Since when did Steve Jobs become a cult leader? Oh yea when he started Apple

Last edited:

BlueParadox

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Any doco, especially one that features original content, is welcome.

I only wish that some of the audio recordings Isaacson made for research of his bio were done with video. Would have loved to see the expression of the private Steve Jobs as he was talking about the many things he was so passionate about & interested in (as per the '60 Minutes' story the other day).

But I guess he would've been aware of the camera and perhaps played it down.

Last edited:

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Was thinking the same thing. I totally get and am looking forward to hear from all these other folks regarding their knowledge of and relationship with Jobs, but why throw in this guy?

Probably because of this,

whose "I Gotta Feeling" currently ranks as the most downloaded iTunes song ever

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
Chicago here (Central Time.) My local PBS station lists it for 10PM.

Russell L

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
San Francisco
Now THIS I would love to see. If done well (and it should be), it will be better -- LOTS better -- than any Hollywood-produced 'movie' about Jobs.

RealScience

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011
Maybe this one will be less cheesy than the Discovery one. The title is already infinitely less cheesy than "iGenius."

Camali

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
Dia de los Muertos

How appropriate to air this, as Nov 2 is Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
Hope they show this on the UK PBS channel that launches next week, although Virgin Media still haven't said if they are going to carry it or not (its probably unlikely as they are the last to carry most channels).

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
As others have said, as long as the documentary contains new information (and isn't just rehashing things we all know already) it should be very interesting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.