PC battery problem

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by greygray, Oct 25, 2010.

1. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I'm asking for help for an Acer laptop so I'm just going to clarify if it actually has a battery life problem. Here goes. After charging for nearly 5 hours, my battery remains capped at 82% and is unable to be charged further.. Despite many hours of continuous charging with it off, it's still unable to be fully charged. It's still under warranty. What could be the problem? :confused:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Try to cycle the battery.. Fully drain it (by using it) then let it charge.

Also how old is the laptop? If it is fairly new warranty might cover it. But if it is older, most warranties will not cover the battery. Batteries are consumables and are not often covered.

3. greygray thread starter macrumors 68000

greygray

My laptop is only 6 months old...

4. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Try the running the battery down then recharge suggestion. If that doesn't work, then I am not sure what can be done other than getting a new battery. If the computer is 6 mos old as you state then check about warranty coverage.

5. greygray thread starter macrumors 68000

greygray

Thanks guys, it's already been repaired! There was a battery issue, thus Acer replaced my battery FOC since it's still under the warranty period. Thanks again for all the useful help that you all have contributed! :)