Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Ok, I've been reading all over the Net, Google, etc. and I cannot get this to work for the life of me.

I set up my AEBS just fine, and all 4 Macs in the house can connect to it. However, no matter what I do, I can't get the PC to connect to it. The wireless adapter is a b/g version, and has been working fine when attached to the previous router.

As it stands, I have ZERO encryption on the AEBS at the moment. My PC can see the network name, but still cannot connect. When I try to connect it says "waiting for the network..." for about 30 seconds, then simply stalls out and exits.

Does anyone have any clue how I can get this adapter to connect to my AEBS?! Thanks!

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
Netgear MA101 802.11b/g and XP SP2.

I didn't even know there was a g-version of MA101. On the other hand, I had nothing but problems with mine back in the days so I've kept my distance.

My MA101 only worked reasonably when connected to a device running the exakt same chipset, virtually nothing else.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
There wasn't. It was a crappy B adapter, and nothing else. It would however work with most b/g routers. The AEB perhaps doesn't step down to B properly in some cases.

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
I guess it was only a B :eek: However, I just installed a D-Link DWL-G120, which is a G adapter, and it can't even see the open network now? What is going on?!?! Grrr....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.