PC can't even connect to AEBS when no wireless security!?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Veritas&Equitas, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Ok, I've been reading all over the Net, Google, etc. and I cannot get this to work for the life of me.

I set up my AEBS just fine, and all 4 Macs in the house can connect to it. However, no matter what I do, I can't get the PC to connect to it. The wireless adapter is a b/g version, and has been working fine when attached to the previous router.

As it stands, I have ZERO encryption on the AEBS at the moment. My PC can see the network name, but still cannot connect. When I try to connect it says "waiting for the network..." for about 30 seconds, then simply stalls out and exits.

Does anyone have any clue how I can get this adapter to connect to my AEBS?! Thanks!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What brand of adaptor and what OS are you running? :)

3. Veritas&Equitas thread starter macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

4. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

I didn't even know there was a g-version of MA101. On the other hand, I had nothing but problems with mine back in the days so I've kept my distance.

My MA101 only worked reasonably when connected to a device running the exakt same chipset, virtually nothing else.

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There wasn't. It was a crappy B adapter, and nothing else. It would however work with most b/g routers. The AEB perhaps doesn't step down to B properly in some cases.

6. Veritas&Equitas thread starter macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

I guess it was only a B :eek: However, I just installed a D-Link DWL-G120, which is a G adapter, and it can't even see the open network now? What is going on?!?! Grrr....