PC Crash. Not A Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBPCAG, Aug 12, 2009.

1. MBPCAG macrumors newbie

I have owned an HP Slimline PC for about a year now. It had been working pretty good until today. I was downloading a software to open rar files and it decided to download Weatherbug and a load of other junk. Basically, the HP crashed. Honestly, I could care less because my 13" Macbook pro should be shipped to me tomorrow. From this ironic experience I can say that I will never buy another PC again. :apple: all the way!

2. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Good stuff!
    You wont get that crap on a Mac

Once you go mac you never go back

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

What software was it? :confused:

I just use 7zip. It even supports 64-bit and context menus.

4. MBPCAG thread starter macrumors newbie

I am pretty sure it was BitZipper or something like that.... But now I downloaded WinRAR on my dads computer and it works!

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Watch what software you download. There's a lot of good faith involved but still make sure you pay attention to the installer.

WinRAR while being a trial version still performs quite well but personally I prefer 7zip under Windows. Under OS X it's still a mix of UnRarX or The Unarchiver. The Unarchiver 2.0 should be coming out soon too.

BitZipper's page alone raises some red flags for me. Malicious, no but it sure looks a bit off.

6. MBPCAG thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I am always cautious but today I slipped. Oh well. I guess I could do a system restore.