PC Crashed, Lost Itunes Library, Replacing hard drive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kadjenter, Jan 1, 2009.

1. kadjenter macrumors newbie

If I replace my hard drive, and reinstall windows and other programs, including ITunes 8.0, how do I rebuild my library and applications from IPod Itouch? Fortunately I did a sync just hours before it crashed and ITouch has all my music, apps and pictures on it. Can the ITouch rebuild the library back to the new hard drive?

2. hhlee macrumors 6502

there are apps out there which will copy your ipod stuff back to the PC.

3. ENY7 macrumors newbie

That just sucks.

When you plug your iPod Touch in it should ask you if you want to sync your library and it should do it automatically. If not there are some programs (on Mac: Senuti, etc.) that should allow you to access them.

If there are no Windows programs, iPods are not encrypted so if you go into DOS you can tell Windows to show invisible folders and then you can get your music off your iPod that way.

Best of luck!

(You'll have to reauthorize any iTunes Store purchases of course)

4. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

5. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

that will be my excuse to get a Mac if/when my PC crashes. "but dad if i get a Mac i can get all my music and life saving information from my Touch to the Mac! and i can't do this with PC's since they are crap!":rolleyes::D:apple:

6. mj1903 macrumors member

With the iPod Touch if you ignore the iTunes Erase/Sync dialogue then you can still recover all your music.

There are a multitude of methods of achieving this including the one in my signature.