PC died w/o backing up. Help!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SLOlife, Nov 15, 2010.

1. SLOlife macrumors newbie

The PC I had used to sync my iPad with died before I backed up my iPad. I had to restore computer to factory settings. Is there a way to sync the iPad again without losing all of my apps? Aahhhh!

2. gnychis macrumors 6502

not that i know of, you could check your itunes receipts to determine your apps

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Apps can be copied from iPad to computer.

First, log into the iTunes account used to purchase the apps. Then, authorize the computer with that account. It's under "store" in the menu.

Next, connect your iPad to computer. It should start syncing, and ask if you want to transfer purchases to your computer. Answer yes, and your apps should be copied to your computer. If sync doesn't start automatically, you can right click the iPad icon in iTunes and select "transfer purchases" from the popup menu.

NOTE: this only works with apps. If you have any music or videos on the iPad, they will get deleted if you allow the sync to proceed. To save those, you need to get a third-party program. Google "copy music from iPad to computer" to find one.