PC doesn't "see" Airport Express.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kmack, Oct 22, 2011.

1. kmack macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro and a HP computer.
    The Mac has been accessing my HP1200 printer through
    an Airport Express with no issues. I need to print from
    the HP PC to the HP1200, which is plugged into the Airport
    Express, and is currently working with the Mac.

The problem is...me, I don't know how access the HP from my
    PC. I can't find the Airport Express on the PC's network.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. stev3n macrumors 6502

Last time I setup an Airport Express with a PC, I had to use the Installer CD. Have you tried AirPort Utility for Windows?

3. kmack thread starter macrumors newbie

Opps, I didn't even think of the CD.

I will see if I can find it and give it a try. When you say Airport Utilities for Windows, do you mean from the disk?

I did some more research and found where someone said to install Bonjour for Windows. I did that, and can now find the printer on my PC, but get an error when I try to print.

Of all the computer issues to have, printers give me the largest head ache. I am really challenged with them.

Thank you

4. stev3n macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure AirPort Utility was included on the cd. I don't know what version is on the cd that you have. According to the Apple Support Site, AirPort Utility 5.5.3 for Windows is the newest version. These two links are a little old but maybe they can help you. Printing to an AirPort Extreme / Express Base Station or Time Capsule from Windows XP & Windows printer troubleshooting for AirPort Extreme and AirPort Express. I just did some more googling and found this HP 1200 Laserjet is no longer working via Airport express &MacBook pro. Hope all of this information helps you.