PC games on Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hayestack, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Hayestack macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I were to buy a game (looking at Orange Box) for PC and ran it on my mac in windows using boot camp if it would work smoothly or at all. I would hate to buy a game and it not work.

2. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

You did not mention which Mac you have. If it is a Mac Mini or a MacBook then I would say you are going to be disappointed.

On my iMac, I enjoy playing PC games using bootcamp. Just like the PC world, it all boils down to the video card in your Mac.

Hope this helps.

3. Hayestack thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Yes that helps. I think my mac can hand it :D It was just a question of compatibility really. I have a Mac pro 2x2.8 quad core 2gb ram... not sure the video card but its not bad i don think. Thanks!

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

First of all, I think it would be better to post this question in the Windows on the Mac forum.

Second... you bet ya Orange Box will work on your Mac Pro (regardless of the grfx card) !! :cool:

Third: If you want to know which grfx card you have:
    Goto "About This Mac" under the Apple-menu,
    Click on "More Info...",
    Click on "Graphics/Displays" on the left hand side,
    Read: "Chipset Model:"

If you have the ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT, you're okay... If you have the nVidia GeForce 8800 GT you're in superb shape!!
    :)