PC help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fireshot91, Feb 10, 2009.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

My computer got a virus..I have no idea how
    It boots fine into safe mode, but in regular mode, as soon as the User screen loads, it goes to the blue screen- which says

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced Starup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8BFCCCFE, 0x9903F040, 0x00000000)

Collecting Data from crash dump...
    Initializing disk for crash dump...
    Beginning dump of physical memory.
    Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance."

Any windows experts know what that means?

Also, since I can boot into safe mode (and I have 2 internal HDD's), can I copy all the contents from my main into the slave, and then re-install Windows? The only way I can re-install Windows is if I have all of my stuff (Movies, Music, Games, School documents that I need).

2. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

3. lAciDl macrumors member

0x8e is usually a ram problem. take one stick out and try booting, then the other if the first doesnt work.

4. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Well, I re-installed Vista, and it works now, but my PCI(e?) Wireless card isn't recognized..even after I put in the drivers.

5. No1451 macrumors 6502

PCI not PCIe likely. If the drivers aren't working I suggest uninstalling them and trying again. Go to Device Mangler and see if it can get your drivers for you(plug into wired).

6. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Is there any way I can see the PCI card (Its PCI not PCIe) within Windows like I can on OS-X.

7. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Device Manager isn't seeing the network card, after I put in the necessary drivers.

In the Connect to a Network thing, it says It doesn't detect a network card.